What is Routine Auto Maintenance & Why Does My Car Need It?
As a vehicle owner it is necessary to understand that your car or truck will not continue to run without proper maintenance. You can learn what sort of maintenance is necessary and when by reading your car's owner's manual. When it is due for service be sure to contact your local dealership alternative so that you can make an appointment. Just be sure you don't skip the following vital auto care services.
What is Auto Maintenance
All cars and trucks require a certain amount of maintenance. The exact services they require may differ from one car to another. Some of the most common forms of auto maintenance are as follows.
- Oil Change - Oil is the lifeblood of the engine and it needs to be changed every 3,000 to 5,000 miles or so to ensure that there is proper lubrication for the engine's moving parts.
- Fluid Services - All cars and trucks use a number of fluids to operate its various systems. At certain mileage points these fluids need to be drained and replaced, called a fluid flush, to ensure they are free of contaminants.
- Timing Belt - If your vehicle uses a timing belt be sure that it is replaced on time. A snapped timing belt can wreak havoc on the engine, resulting in massive damage requiring expensive repairs.
- 30/60/90K Maintenance - All other general maintenance usually falls under 30/60/90K services. This may include filter replacements, tune up services and computer diagnostics.
Why does my car need Auto Maintenance?
If your car seems to be running fine why would you need to pay someone to service it? Well, it won't be running fine for long if you don't conduct routine maintenance.
- Prevent Breakdowns - Without maintenance parts will wear down and break. It is much less expensive to replace a part before it breaks then after, as the broken part could damage others.
- Optimal Performance - Want to ensure that your car is running as best it can in terms of performance and fuel efficiency. This is what routine auto maintenance is for! It saves you money and keeps your car running great.
Skipping routine services will result in a car that breaks down and requires extensive and expensive repairs. When your car is due for auto maintenance in Corona, CA, head to Harvey's Autotech. Our auto maintenance and repair team will ensure that your car is ready for anything! Give us a call at (951) 432-5373 to request superior auto repair in Corona today!
Harvey's Autotech Blog
Written and Published By MORBiZ